Come To Me #7
“We went out into the garden. I tried to come up with an excuse for why there were weeds spilling out everywhere and why everything was dead, but for some reason I didn’t feel like I had to. He understood. Without hesitation he went back inside, collecting all the tools I’d had for years sitting with dust on them, and when he came back out he got to work. But he didn’t just let me stand and watch, he showed me what he was doing and then I joined him.”
1. Where is the overgrown garden in your life? It could be your friendships, your school-work, your job.
2. What is your most common used excuse for your overgrown garden?
3. Have you ever let yourself, not excuse yourself?
4. Do you have any tools that you’ve had for years and just not used? How might you begin to use them?
5. In the story of Jesus walking on water in Matthew 14, Jesus walks on water first then he invites Peter to walk out and join him. The same goes for us, He goes ahead of us in everything that he calls us forward to do. Where is calling you to walk on water with him?