Come To Me #2
“We talk for ages, sharing stories and ideas. Nothing I say ever surprises him. Not even the worst bits. When I cry, he doesn’t rush for the tissues, he cups his hand on my cheek as if he is catching my tears in his palm. He tells me to look at Him, it’s then I realise that he’s crying too. Then I say something weird and let out an embarrassed giggle, but He releases the biggest belly laugh I’ve ever heard.”
1. You’re sitting down with Jesus, what do you say to him?
2. What do you imagine Jesus’ voice to sound like?
3. Have you been ever been able to relate to Jesus in this kind of way? Why/why not?
4. When the writer realises that Jesus is “crying too”, what does this make you feel?
5. Sometimes we can suppress emotions that we do not want to feel, but this can often make us feel worse. Are there any emotions that you are suppressing right now and need to talk someone about? Jesus calls us “weary” and “burdened” (Matthew 11:28) for a reason: he’s expectant that we are broken! Try talking to him about your problems, let him take the weight off your shoulders.